WHO ARE WE?
PODS is a leading provider of CPD training on trauma, dissociation, sexual abuse and attachment. We run around 20 training days a year, throughout the year, all of them led by Carolyn Spring, Director of PODS and author of Recovery is my best revenge: my experience of trauma, abuse and dissociative identity disorder.
WHAT COURSES DO WE RUN?
We run 3-4 different courses at any one time, all dealing with the impacts of childhood trauma and looking at various areas:
- the impact on the body and physical health (Trauma and the Body)
- the neuroscience of trauma leading to complex PTSD and DID (Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery)
- the impact of early childhood trauma on our relationships through the lens of attachment theory (Working with Relational Trauma)
- and the wide-ranging impacts of sexual abuse (Child Sexual Abuse) - launching in 2016.
Each course covers largely different material and complement each other.
The days are delivered lecture-style with excellent visuals and all original content. There are opportunities throughout the day to break into smaller groups for discussion, or worksheets are also provided for people who prefer to process alone. Delegates receive an extensive pack including the relevant book for each course, and a CPD certificate for 6 hours. Our days usually attract audiences of 100-180 people per event, and many events sell out even months in advance, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Registration: 9.30 am
Start: 10.00 am (prompt)
Finish: 5.00 pm
Lunch is not provided (except in Belfast), so please bring a packed lunch. Drinks and biscuits are supplied throughout the day.
2016 training days cost £80.00. There is a £5.00 discount for 'Friends of PODS' (see below for discount code). Group discounts apply on a sliding scale for 4 or more delegates and can be booked directly via the website but cannot be used in conjunction with the Friends of PODS discount. We are able to offer some concessions for people on a low income - please get in touch to enquire before booking.
The days are run as professional events but all are welcome to attend, including stable survivors. The most relevant professions are:
- rape crisis or helpline staff and volunteers
- CPNs / healthcare staff
- anyone working with people who have suffered trauma in childhood.
You can book using the relevant links on each training day page and pay by PayPal or credit/debit card. Card payments are processed by Worldpay.
You can also book offline:
- call 01480 878409 during office hours to pay by credit/debit card over the phone
- post a cheque (made payable to PODS) to 3 Archers Court, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6XG, including your name, email and postal address and which day(s) you would like to attend
- contact us for invoices for organisations/employers or for BACS/internet banking details.
FRIENDS OF PODS
If you are a Friend of PODS please ensure you use your discount code FOP during checkout to receive your discount.
If booking for two people, please use the following codes:
- Two delegates where only one is a Friend: FOP2/1
- Two delegates where both are Friends: FOP2/2
For three or more delegates, please contact us.
If you are not yet a Friend of PODS, please join here.