We love delivering training and we do our best to make sure it all happens without a hitch. Sometimes, things out of of control get in the way but we’ll always do our best to overcome them and to date we have never had to cancel a training day at short notice. We also know that life gets in the way for you too, and we want to do whatever we can to facilitate you attending our training even if sometimes that means you can’t come on the course you booked on so you come on a different one instead. We’re also generous about refunding places as long as you give us enough notice. We value our clients and customers and we want to be generous – we just ask that you try not to cause us expense, which can happen for example when you don’t turn up on a course without letting us know in advance, which can mean that we’ve already prepared your pack and we end up having to pay the venue for your place: we’re a charity, and every penny counts.. The spiel below is the legal stuff, for the very few times that a dispute occurs.
For individuals booking on a training day, full payment is required before the event takes place. For places paid for by organisations who have been invoiced, payment must be made within 30 days or before the event takes place whichever is soonest. PODS reserves the right to levy a 5% interest charge on late invoices beyond 30 days. If the invoice is not paid before the training day itself, the delegate will be held liable for full payment.
PODS commits to running each event as advertised except in exceptional circumstances whereby at least 28 days notice will be given along with a full refund of fees. PODS shall not be liable for any transport or accommodation costs incurred by the delegate. PODS shall not be liable for any cancellation or early termination of a training day when such cancellation or termination is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, industrial action, embargoes, government orders, prolonged loss of power, road closure, venue’s refusal to hire, or any other force majeure event. In such circumstances we will offer a full transfer to a future event but no refunds will be made.
DELEGATES WISHING TO CANCEL
In the event of the delegate wishing to cancel their place, the following provisions apply:
- Your place may be transferred to another person at any time free of charge, as long as you let us know as soon as possible and you provide us with contact details for the substitute person so that we can send them booking and venue details.
- A free transfer to another training day will be granted as long as you let us know by 9.00 am on the day before the event – simply let us know by phone (01480 878409 – leaving a voicemail) or email (email@example.com).
- If you cannot attend an event due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance and you do not let us know by 9.00am on the previous day, but you do let us know by 5.00 pm on the following Monday, you may transfer your place to another training day for an administration fee of £10.00.
- If your delegate pack is taken from a training day that you did not attend, by a friend or colleague, or you request that it be posted out to you afterwards, then an additional £10.00 fee will be levied upon transfer to cover the associated costs.
- You may use your transfer to attend any training day within 12 months of the original day. If you transfer to a day in the next calendar year which has an increased price, you may need to pay the difference. We reserve the right to decline your request to transfer to a training day that is already or nearly sold out.
- If you later cancel a transferred place you are not eligible for a refund. You can instead opt to transfer for a second time. You cannot transfer a place more than twice.
If you do not wish to transfer your place to another person or another course, the following provisions will apply
- If you cancel your place more than 4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 75% refund
- If you cancel your place from 2-
4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel your place from 3 days to 14 days before the training day, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel your place within 3 days of the training day, you will receive no refund
Method of refund
When payment has been made by card payment, the amount is will be refunded to your card. When Paypal has been used the refund will be made via Paypal as long as it is within Paypal’s own cancellation policy of 60 days. If it is beyond that, the refund will be given via BACS to a UK based bank account and the delegate is responsible for providing us with the correct information to facilitate this. When payment has been made by cheque or BACS, refunds will be made by BACS. Refunds can no longer be supplied by cheque.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
Your right to cancel your order starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive the items. If your order consistes of multiple items, the 14 days runs from when you get the last batch. This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel. You then have a further 14 days to actually send the items back.
YOUR RIGHT TO A REFUND
PODS will refund you within 14 days of either us receiving the returned goods or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is soonest. All items must be returned in pristine condition. A deduction can be made if the value of the items has been reduced as a result of damage or you handling the items more than was necessary. The extent to which a customer can handle items is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop. PODS will refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place. If you selected first class, PODS will only be required to refund the second class rate.
RETURNING FAULTY/DAMAGED ITEMS
If you receive items that are damaged or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (October 2015) as you have when buying in store. Please contact us with details and evidence of any damage and we will send you out replacement items or refund you the cost of the initial order.
Friends of PODS Subscriptions
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have 14 days from setting up your Friends of PODS subscription to cancel it.
If you have any questions, please email us.
Last updated: 1 March 2017 and applicable to all training days and masterclasses from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2017.