The Government encourages giving to charity through its Gift Aid arrangements.  The Friends of PODS scheme is run by our registered charity START, which can reclaim tax on gifts when the donor has made a simple Gift Aid Declaration.  The donor must be a UK taxpayer paying income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the amount of tax that START reclaims on the gift.

  • The Declaration covers gifts made in any form – Standing Order, cheque or cash – so long as they can be identified as made by you.
  • The Declaration above can cover either a single gift or all gifts until further notice.  You can cancel the Gift Aid Declaration at any time by notifying the START Treasurer:  It will then not apply to any gifts you make on or after the date of cancellation or any later date you specify.
  • If your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and/or capital gains tax equal to the tax that START reclaims, you must cancel or reduce the declaration by notifying the Treasurer.  Otherwise you will become liable for the tax inappropriately recovered by START.
  • If you are a higher rate taxpayer you can claim higher tax relief in your Inland Revenue Self-Assessment tax return.
  • If you change your name and address while the Gift Aid Declaration is still in force please notify the START Treasurer.
  • If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief or you have other questions please ask the START Treasurer. You can also obtain Inland Revenue leaflet IR113 Gift Aid from your tax office or go to: